Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Toolbox, Bloody Toolbox

My toolbox is a sad symbol of my limitations as a handyman. It contains a hammer, nine different sizes of the same screwdriver, some bent nails left over from hard-knock picture hangings, plus a lifetime supply of miscellaneous scraps of junk such as wire, twine, assorted washers and two-way tape.

Not only am I ill-equipped to put my toolbox items to practical use, I have actually had the shameful bad luck of injuring myself while reaching into the toolbox to get something out. Now, we all have our levels of mechanical aptitude, but I think it fair to say that it takes a special talent to draw blood while rummaging around for something in the bottom of your tool case.

If I've learned anything from my home repair experiences, it's that once you're bleeding, the project tends to go sharply downhill from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment