Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ode to Grilled Cheese


No need to reinvent the wheel,
grilled cheese is the perfect meal.
Take some bread and toast it lightly,
Soon you’ll want to do it nightly.

What’s for dinner? I’m begging, please:
Grilled cheese! Grilled cheese! Grilled cheese!

Making it is no big deal,
eating it makes grown men squeal.
Melt a brick of swiss or cheddar,
soon you’ll feel a whole lot better.

Shout it from the tallest trees:
Grilled Cheese! Grilled Cheese! Grilled Cheese!

Add tomato for some zing,
batta-boom, batta-bing,
A glass of milk, some chicken noodle,
it’s like it was when you were little.

Gush the words out like a sneeze:
Grilled CHEEESE!! Grilled CHEEESE!! Grilled CHEEESE!!

2 comments:

  1. Nothing since January and then... this! Brilliant! I can see what you have been working on for so long. Really, it was quite funny and I'll admit, it resonated with me in the deepest part of my gut. Personally, I love a deli dill with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete